Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Would You Eat Here?


I want to start a sandwich shoppe. Not just any sandwich shoppe, I want to open a place that only serves peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. How awesome would that be!? Bobby was quick to shut it down but I think it could be a hit if it was in the right city.

The options could be limitless. Wheat bread, white bread, maybe cinnamon raisin. Chunky, smooth, maybe chocolate. Besides that, who doesn't love a good old-fashioned peanut butter and jelly sandwich? It is something everyone has eaten since they can remember and I'm sure people would pay a few bucks for a crappy sandwich.

What do you think?

P.S. Thank God no one is really reading this crap.

7 comments:

  1. I sorta have eaten there - and it's in the proper city where you can charge quite a few bucks for a crappy sandwich. http://www.ilovepeanutbutter.com/sandwichshop.html
    they only focus on the peanut butter, but jelly's always there too - like a good friend who's got a lame girlfriend who's always hanging around.

    I do think it's a good idea though! you just need a time machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrible idea. No way you could attract steady business based on PB&J. Think about why people go out to eat....because they want good food or are too lazy to fix something themselves. If someone is going out to eat and looking to satisfy their hunger, i don't think a PB&J restaurant is going to win their business. Not to mention, if they really wanted PB&J then they would have made it at home in the first place. JS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who are you to say that PB&J isn't good? Obviously its not fine dining but I think people going for lunch would enjoy a PB&J option.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you make it in a skillet? Like a grilled cheese? That is good stuff. I expect good things from this Bobby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with Bobby G... People, such as myself, eat out to avoid cooking or doing actual work... I can barely make cold cereal, but I can definitely make PB&J and I would never go to a restaurant to order it. And I would never go to a restaurant that only served it. But I like you, Dan, so maybe I would come to say hi. But I wouldn't buy anything so I would just be taking up your time and your space so you probably wouldn't want me there anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dan-I am a mothher-therefore have my finger on the pulse of what little people are eating. This pb&j shop is a good idea but you may have to broaden your horizons and your menu a bit as well....Location location location is going to make or break this baby...Zoo-play place-sciense or art center-somewhere that kids are constantly coming and going as well as steady adult traffic and it MUST be a large city....Hope you are well buddy-long time no talk....Hillary

    ReplyDelete