Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I'm All About this Song Right Now

On a recent road trip to Madison, Wisconsin, a few of my friends mentioned this band called Owl City. I decided to check them out and was pleasantly surprised. I would normally not be into this kind of music, but my recent discovery of Phoenix, MGMT, Empire of the Sun and other bands within the electronic genre have broadened my musical tastes. Check out the video of their hit single Fireflies. It's not a revolutionary discovery by any means considering it's the #1 single on iTunes top charts, but it's a neat song and an interesting music video.

By the way, what the hell happened to the popularity of music videos? I never see them anymore unless I search for one online. True music television is basically dead. That's a random side-note. Let me know what you think of the song in the comments.

Fireflies - Owl City from Kyle Puls on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. yep, that song is crazy catchy. caboose & I checked out their concert a couple weeks ago when they visited the DSM.
    the rest of their CD is pretty enjoyable too.

    ReplyDelete